Saturday, June 17, 2006

People Unite!


Ok...

As I was thinking about writing this blog, I realized that someone who reads may think I'm a little bit of a weirdo...but whatever:)

Last week I went to Lake Calhoun 2 times and each time I was just amazed at the amount of people there...people running, walking, biking, playing soccer, swimming in the water, sitting on a park bench reading a book, and even people who were holding their pets while roller blading (that one was interesting to see). Anyway, I couldn't get over HOW many people I saw...how many DIFFERENT people...



So I was talking to one of my roommates about it and we were realizing how cool it is that everyone there is somewhat "united"...united in the sense that they are all there for the same purpose...to be by the lake....each person could be doing something completely different than the next, yet they still have that common "bond" of being at the lake. I just thought it was really cool how so many different people, who may never be around each other EVER again, can come together and "unite" for something as simple as a lake. I suppose people do that all the time...people "unite" for the common purpose of a restaurant, or a mall....but for some reason when I saw everyone out enjoying the simplicity of grass, water, and the sun it just felt different than when people come together for food or shopping.



Hmmm....well, I don't know that I really made a ton of sense with this blog...but thats ok...just some thoughts that were floating around in my head. So all that to say...go out and enjoy being outside...and heck, you might even feel united with the people around you:)

No comments: