Thursday, August 10, 2006

are you serious?!

Ok...well, I've never thought myself to look extremely OLD for my age...but I never really thought I looked super young either. However, many other people think the latter of the two...

For instance...Meg, Beth and I went to Chicago for Spring Break this year and stayed with Meg's sister in the freshman dorms. Way fun...made me feel old because we were ready to go to sleep by like 10:30 each night and for them, the night was young. However during our stay there, many times people would ask if we were Andrea's "younger" sister's friends....were we in High School...how old are you...etc. You get the picture. There have been other times since then, that I've been told that my friends and I look young but this last situation put me over the edge...

Megan, Darcy and I decided to spend Sunday afternoon at Lake Calhoun...great place...love it! We were laying on the beach when I saw this guy walking around and selectively giving out stickers for this "club"...I didn't ever completely hear what it was, but I knew that he was only giving it to certain people, probably people that were old enough. Next thing I knew, he walked up to us, and told us that this party was going to be awesome and that we should check it out...I took the sticker/flyer with pride and said thanks.



He walked to the group of people laying next to us and said, "You guys aren't under 19 are you?" To which they responded, "No..." "I didn't think so," he replies laughing. I froze for a second trying to reply the 3 sentences that had just been exchanged next to me...what did he say?? I figured he had given us the flyer because we looked old enough to get into a club that was 21 and over...well, after I thought I heard him say "under 19" I knew I must have heard wrong...so I pick up the flyer, look closely, and see that it says, "Ages 16-19 Only"...

ARE YOU SERIOUS? Do I really look like I'm as young as 16 but no older than 19?!!? Oh MAN....needless to say, I couldn't get over the fact that we were given an invitation to something for little teeny boppers and I spent the rest of the day thinking about that. SICK!

People always say, "You'll appreciate your youthful appearance in 10 years"...I sure as heck hope so because right now I'm not appreciating it at all!

No comments: