Monday, September 11, 2006

exhausted...

how can 22 1st graders make a person so tired?! wow! today was a really good day at school...every day seems to get better and better...I enjoy it a lot...I haven't even had time to update everyone with how it's going...this is day 5...crazy! maybe this weekend I can update more information.

Tonight I went to a tutoring meeting for a program at my church. The tutoring program is set up to reach the children in North Minneapolis. It makes me so excited because there is such a need to be there...it breaks my hear to hear the stories of all the students and to realize where they come from, what they have, and what they need. It was encouraging to see all the people who were willing to serve in this area. I am just praying that it works into my hectic life of teaching...I would love to do it, but most of the need is inside the classroom, during school hours, so we'll see. I know how nuts it is in my own classroom at times, and I only have 22 kids...I can't imagine what it'd be like to have 40+ students and be doing it on my own! YIKES! In either case...I'm ready to serve in whatever capacity!

No comments: