Thursday, September 21, 2006

martial arts?

Well...I got quite a kick out of this...maybe it's one of those things that you had to be there for it to be funny...but I'll share it regardless:)

Each day at school we begin with a morning meeting...and during this time we go over the daily schedule. Usually the schedule is the same every day (unless we have a program or a special activity) so the kids are pretty used to what I will say when reviewing the daily schedule.

Yesterday I said, "After Morning Meeting we will have Language Arts and then a recess break..." I finished the rest of the schedule for the day and as I was dismissing the kids to go back to their seats one little girl runs up to me and goes...

"Ms. Ventura...what are we doing for Martial Arts today?!!?" And I couldn't help but chuckle at the confusion that was running in her...I said, "Well actually, we are having Language Arts...and during Language Arts time we are going to...." She looked at me, just as confused as I probably looked at her...and she replies, "But I mean...how long are we going to have Martial Arts for..."

It just didn't click with her:)

We shall see how it goes tomorrow when I go over the daily schedule and talk about Language Arts:)

1 comment:

grams said...

out of the mouth of babes!!! they will always say funny things love you grams