Monday, September 04, 2006

MN State Fair....


I know, I know...I've been in MN for over 4 years now, and up until a few days ago, I had never been to the state fair. In Michigan, the State Fair is not a HUGE deal...I mean, I think people get excited about it, but you are not shunned if you do not attend the state-wide event. Here in MN, it's quite a different story. When I have told people, "yeah...I've actually never been to the Great Minnesota Get-Together" jaws drop and a gasp generally comes from the person I'm talking to. Why!?!? I never really understood.

Well...this year it's all changed. I don't know that the MN state fair is as big of a deal to me, as it may be to other native Minnesotans...but I did thoroughly enjoy going to the fair! Something about the atmosphere of having a TON of people walking around...eating a lot of terrible food...seeing all the little animals...and running into many random people at such a huge place...not to mention learning about all of the things sold "on a stick"...all of that rolled into a day outside in beautiful weather makes for a great time.











I went with Beth, Zach, and Darcy to the fair and we had a great time. We took a lot of pictures to document this event (as it was Darcy's first time at the fair, as well...and she has lived in MN much longer than me...what a pity it took her this long to get to the fair!!). Most of the pictures are probably self explanatory...so I'll just let you check out the fun filled day at the Minnesota State Fair!





No comments: