Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Our Basic Needs....

In school we have been doing a short little unit on our four basic needs. The first of the basic needs is LOVE...we talk to the kids about how we for sure need to have water, and food, and shelter to live...but beyond those things we need to have Love, Power, and 2 others I can't think of right now:)

In any case when we were having our little group time about love, I asked the kids how they got their "love"...I gave them an example and said I get my need for love through my family and friends...I asked them to go around and share (if they wanted) how they get their need for love fulfilled...

One little boy said he got his need of love through football...another said they got their love through pizza....after those first few comments I figured we weren't going to get very far, or very deep...however one little girl raised her hand and without even blinking and eye she said, "I get my love from Jesus..." and I thought WOW! Then hand after hand popped up and responses ranged from "I get my love from God...from Jesus...from Heaven..."

As the kids were sharing that...I was thinking how simple and how profound a child's faith can be...why is it so easy for them to be excited and eager to share what is most important to them, yet as years pass, it seems to become more and more difficult?

These little kiddos challenge me on a daily basis! I love it!!!

3 comments:

Laura said...

I just found out I can leave you comments on here even if I am not using blogger. YAY! Haha. I love this post. Kids are the greatest.

Tina said...

Good news! I'm glad you can comment:) I've learned to appreciate this blogger site, despite how it's somewhat tricky to manage! Oh well....thanks for reading up:)

Allison said...

That is amazing! The innocence of children amazes me every day. To be able to share with such clarity what is on their minds, not worrying about the world taking it the wrong way...or about "offending" people. God is great and He shows Himself to us in the most wonderful ways. I'm so glad you got to experience that!