Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Paper Cuts...

I was at school the other day, passing out several papers, and within a 5 minute time frame, I gave myself at least 2-3 good papers cuts. In between the pain and frustration of these silly little cuts, I was pondering the idea of paper cuts compared to other "pain" that we go through in life.

I think the reason why paper cuts can be so brutal is because they are SO unexpected. A paper cut is not the kind of pain that you can anticipate...not like the pain from an upcoming dentist visit, or a shot from the doctor. Those types of pains you can prepare yourself for...but a paper cut....not so much...in the blink of an eye, in a split second, you have gone from being happy and content, with no thought of pain...to experiencing a sting great enough to have you rambling off a few choice words ("Bummer" and "Owwwwie" of course!).

Similar to paper cuts are those pains that you experience in life that catch you totally off guard. Some "pain" in life you can prepare yourself for (although that doesn't necessarily make it any easier, or less painful)...for example, it is painful to watch some of my student's struggle with various academic tasks, but it is something that gradually happens, and is not "out of the blue"...or the loss of a sick pet...while all are equally painful, it's the way in which the pain is introduced that is really brutal.

Sometimes life throws you not so pleasant situations....ones that you would not expect to come your way...and you are forced to deal with them right here...right now...it is in those times where your tenacity shines through.

I've tried to contemplate which seems "easier" to deal with...something that lingers above your head for some time...or something that catches you totally off guard...its like the band-aid analogy...take it off slowly and carefully, or rip it off nice and fast. Ehhh....I'm really not sure what I'd prefer....but I do know that life seems to throws those paper cuts at you during the times when you would least expect it...when you think everything is great....SLICE....there you have it...a fresh paper cut and yet another life lesson to be learned:)

Oh the things that circle my mind from doing something as simple as passing out papers. Gotta love it:)

2 comments:

CresceNet said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my site, it is about the CresceNet, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . A hug.

tony said...

nice one teen...