Tuesday, September 30, 2008

BFF?!!?

Ok, I promise this note is only a little bit about school (I have realized that a lot of my stories involve my kids at work...and I DO have a life outside of work...)

Today in school we were talking about a story that had to do with friends. I asked the kids a question (which I can't remember) and an appropriate response would have had something to do with "Annabelle and Herbie being best friends..." So, after discussing it, the kids were supposed to write it down on a response sheet.

One of my favorite (and yes, teachers have favorites) little girls raises her hand and says, "Well, Ms. Ventura, can I just write 'BFF'....you know...Best Friends...." and then after a short pause and thinking through what the letters stand for, she finishes by saying, "...forever. Best Friends Forever. Would it be ok to just write that instead of writing all the words out..."

Of course I started laughing...and all the kids just look at me in utter confusion. What was so funny about that? They couldn't figure it out. And all I could say was, "You know, I think it would be better practice to write out all the words..."

So, all of that to say, when she referred to BFF, it made me think about the lovely friends that I have in my life...my BFF's! I am one of the luckiest people to have such amazing friends. So here's a little tribute to all my dear friends (and the reality is that I have about a million wonderful people in my life, so I can't include pictures of everyone...but know that I care about you JUST as much:)) CHEERS to my BFF's:)











No comments: