Wednesday, October 08, 2008

I wish my bedtime was 8:30....

I'm trying to remember the last time I got into bed by 8:30...I have no idea when that was. The only thing that comes close to going to be that early is realizing how much work I have to do and taking a nap around 8:30, only to wake back up by 9:00 to keep working.

But in any case, wouldn't it be lovely if by the time 8:30 rolled around, and most of my students are getting ready for bed, I would also be getting ready for bed? That would be super to get a good 9 hours of sleep...But as awesome as that sounds, I wonder if I would even be able to fall asleep. I am guessing that I would probably lay in bed thinking about the pile of papers that need to be graded....or the lesson I need to prepare a bit more....or the strawberry pie that's in the fridge and needs to be eaten...or the gym that needs to be visited.

Sometimes I wish life could slow down just long enough to have one night where I hop into bed, and fall asleep to a good book, waking up the next morning realizing that I'm totally refreshed. Unfortunately that's rarely, if ever the case these days.

Props to those of you who are diligent in getting a decent night of sleep...I'll make it a goal to get into bed, one of these days, earlier than 10 pm...little steps is the way to go. Then before I know it, I'll be getting into bed and going to sleep for the night the minute I walk in the door from work:)

No comments: