Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Speedy Delivery...

Remember watching Mister Rogers' with the "Speedy Delivery" guy (Mr. McFeely)? If not, check out this awesome PBS link to jog your memory:

http://pbskids.org/rogers/R_house/speedydelivery/speedy.html

In any case, that phrase, "Speedy Delivery," hasn't come to mind since the days when I used to watch the show. That is, until today.

Our lead facilities guy came into my classroom today with 6 large boxes saying that he had a delivery for me. I was shocked, because just the day before I had placed an order through Corporate Express (which is an office/school supply type company). Talk about one SPEEDY delivery.

Actually, the point of this note is not to talk about how fast my supplies were delivered (although that was commendable), but to talk about the contents of the delivery. I had 5 boxes of construction paper and one more box of clipboards that I had ordered for my class.



Now, this might seem like a really insignificant, and possibly even boring delivery...but let me tell you, whenever I get an order/delivery like this, I am more excited to open and go through the boxes than when I have an online clothing shopping spree. Honestly, there is nothing quite as exciting as ordering school supplies. I'm not sure if it's the weird, quirky teacher-dork inside of me, or if everyone loves getting boxes full of colored paper, but it's just awesome!

I was so excited, I actually told the kids to take out their books and do silent reading so I could sort through the boxes...ok, ok, the silent reading deal was already planned into the day, and thankfully it just happened to come at the right time so I could explore my boxes of goodies.

Included on my "to do list" placed on my desk via a post-it note, are...

1. Finish observation lesson plans
2. Correct Crayfish papers
3. Organize and coordinate construction paper

Oh, it's a beautiful thing:)



So, the moral of the story is this....construction paper is fun, cheery, inexpensive, and wonderfully useful. I am tempted to spread out my paper order throughout the year so I get one package every week...especially since it's such a SPEEDY DELIVERY:)

No comments: