Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Sleepless Sleeping....

Long story short:

I picked up a nanny job for the past few days immediately following work, overnight, and in the mornings (before work)...

4 kids plus 1 that is sick.....makes for some SLEEPLESS SLEEPING.

I was running around the house last night getting snacks in back packs, basketball clothes in gym bags, snowpants laid out, and library books found from a pile of books. That simply means I didn't get into bed until around 12:30 where I found myself laying awake, unable to sleep. even though my body was so exhausted I could barely handle it.

I finally fell asleep around 1 am when I opened my eyes cause I felt like someone was in the room...

I open my eyes and there stands the sick one....he can't stop coughing....we get him some meds and I put him back to bed....I fall asleep and 30 minutes later, same thing....he was standing over my bed....I get him a different med and try to convince him to sleep, but he wants to sleep in the bed I'm sleeping in....so I get the boot and head to the couch.

Fall asleep one more time and then the youngest starts crying...I get up and get change her diaper and put her back to sleep....

I rolled back to the couch around 3 something just long enough to sleep for 2 1/2 hours before my alarm goes off.

Needless to say, I had one crazy sleepLESS sleeping experience!




No comments: