Wednesday, March 25, 2009

haphazard wednesday

Disclaimer:

*I have a lot of random things on my mind, so this blog may indeed be more than a 1 or 2 liner blogs...get comfy...but don't worry...some pictures are included for the more visual people!

*This blog entry may not be the best for those ears that are overly sensitive. A few choice words may be used, simply to convey a point...

On with this haphazard Wednesday blog entry...

1. I have iTunes on random shuffle and currently I am listening to "Show Me the Meaning of Being Lonely" by Backstreet Boys...boy does this song from the album "Millennium" take me back...and I don't even think I'm THAT old!

2. I was in the car driving this afternoon when the song "You Found Me" by the Fray came on the radio. I like this song. It has a really cool tune. Of course when I'm in the car, I jam out to the songs that are playing, and this time was no exception. The song starts and I start belting, "I found God on the corner of 1st and Larpenter" and continued on singing to the rest of the song (even though I don't know half the lyrics, it's one of those songs you just feel like you DO know the lyrics). Anyway, later I was in the car and the song came on again. You'd think I would change the station, but no...I kept it on, and began to sing, "I found God on the corner of 1st and Lowry..." I realized that those two words just seemed to sounds right even though I knew they were not right...they were the first two street names that I thought of, for whatever reason. Since I couldn't decide what the correct lyrics were, I just googled them. I am happy to report that the lyrics read as follows: "I found God on the corner of 1st and Amistad..." Lowry? Larpenter? What the heck was I thinking?!

3. In class tonight (Communication and Collaboration) we were talking about the topic of "Working with Difficult People." This was literally about an hour long lecture...amusing, interesting, and so right on! I actually want to dedicate a different blog just about this, but essentially, the lecture talked about 10 types of difficult people you may encounter in the workplace, or in life in general. Some of these difficult people include the "Grenede," the "Know it All," the "Maybe Person," and the "Whiner" among a few others. As we were discussing these types of people and how to effectively work and communicate with them, we were giving examples of people we've encountered, that held some of the characteristics of these "types" of people. We all laughed and had fun talking about others...and the my professor said, "And just remember while we have difficult people in our lives....YOU are also someone's 'Difficult Person"..." Made me think for a long while...



4. When I walked into my room today after being gone all day I saw this:



I immediately thought of 3 things...First, I thought of the picture always painted of girls plucking flower petals off a flower saying "He loves me, he loves me not, he loves me..." Who does that anyway? I don't think any real life person every does that. Weird. The Second thing I thought of was how in a few short months my dear Megan, as of a few days ago, will be walking down an aisle of freshly thrown petals. Third, I thought how disappointed I was that the beautiful tulips that I got a few days ago didn't last longer! Tuplips are the best...by far...so only lasting a few days is a bummer!

5. I needed to do some laundry today because I am leaving for vacation in 2 short days and time is slipping away from me. And despite my dreadfully long day (Work, Class...15 hour day...bla) I had this incredible burst of ambition. So I grabbed the laundry basket and downstairs I went...I am not the biggest fan of the basement because it's dingy, dimly lit, and I am positive there are little critters everywhere. I do try to convince myself that there are none, but I know that's far from the truth. In any case, I was diligently separating my whites from my colored clothes and accidentally dropped a shirt on the gross cement floor. Wasn't too worried because heck, it's getting washed...right? I finished loading the first load and then picked up the shirt and what I saw was enough to make me want to scream, but I knew there was company upstairs so I held it in...on my shirt crawled this big, nasty centipede! I think I despise these critters more than any other (yes, even more than lady bugs). I tried to trap it using an empty laundry detergent bottle only to cut off half it's legs inside my laundry basket. All I could think was "Damn you centipede"...the legs that got chopped off were still wiggling around and the other half that was still in tact was trying to scurry out. UGH. Luckily the damn thing was finally captured, but now I feel as though I have little legs crawling all over me...it's a mental thing, and I need to get past it!



6. I was recently told by my eye doctor that I need to wear my contacts less. I agree with her. I put them in at 5:30 am when I wake up to take a shower...and generally they do not come out until 9:30 or 10:00 at night. I've been trying to make a conscious effort to get them out as soon as I get home, if I've got nothing going on later in the evening. It's not that I don't like my glasses...I just prefer my contacts...glasses are annoying because there is only a limited area of clear viewing space when you wear glasses...if you look all the way up, or all the way down or all the way left/right, you are looking at blurriness....not enjoyable. In any case, tonight I was lucky and got my contacts out at like 9 pm...getting better, eh? Well as I was taking my contacts out, I dropped one of the lenses into the sink that was running with water. "OH SHIT" I thought! Normally dropping a contact is not a huge deal, but in running water, when it was my last pair (picking up the new contacts tomorrow), it was a BIG deal. Thank goodness for my lightning speed reaction time as I snatched (hey...that's one of our vocabulary words in 3rd grade world, this week) it up just in time and saved it! Whew.

7. Now that I am done with this incredibly long blog, my iTunes is playing "It is Well (With My Soul)"...love this song! Good way to end the blog and the day!

I'm signing off...

No comments: