Saturday, June 06, 2009

50 degrees in June...a normal day in Minnesota

I love Minnesota...a lot, a lot!

I don't, however, love the fact that the weather can be so goofy. Its fun for a time, because it keeps you in suspense and on the edge of your seat..."I wonder if we're going to get snow or 90 degrees today..." But after a while of the back and forth, the ups and downs, the unpredictable factor of the weather is just plain annoying.

Today I woke up to the sound of rain trickling down the side of the house which overjoyed me! I love waking up on a rainy day, especially when it's Saturday. But what I didn't realize was how cold the wet rain would make our city. As I walked outside this morning, the cool air took the breath away from me as I was not expecting to feel 40 degrees rushing across my face.

It's nice to have a refreshing gust of cold air, but I put my winter clothes away a while ago...probably at least a month or more ago. This poses a small problem when the 40 degrees of the morning only warms up the day 10 more degrees and you have no warm clothes available. I had to scrounge around in my drawers and closet and came up with some cropped sweat pants, and a small fleece, along with some argyle socks.



Not much else you can do when it's 50 degrees in June!!

No comments: