Thursday, July 23, 2009

A Comforting Feeling...

I woke up a few times last night to figure out if I was going to roll off the small twin size bed, and why it was so dark (no city lights)....

I woke up a few times this morning to the sounds of Jay-Z blaring from the bathroom next door, and then TV screaming on volume 25 on the History Channel...

But when as I was laying in bed this morning, trying to convince myself to get up, I couldn't help but notice the comforting feeling it was to be home...

I looked down at the T-Shirt that was I threw on before I went to sleep, which was left on my bed when I arrived home....an extra T-Shirt from my dad's soccer academy...I remember the days when I would get T-Shirt after T-Shirt from the leftovers of his teams. It was a comforting feeling.

I looked around at the bright yellow walls in my bedroom which I painted several years ago...and even though the yellow is so bright and jolting, the familiarity of the color that I woke up to for so many years before is such a comforting feeling.

I could hear the clinking of a spoon on my dad's cup of morning tea. That is such a familiar feeling.

Knowing that I can roll out of bed looking like this and see people that I love so dearly....



now THAT is a comforting feeling!

No comments: