Thursday, August 27, 2009

To Keep or Not to Keep...that IS the question!

I was at the Mall of America today because I heard there were great sales at Old Navy...an additional 50% off Clearance items! Even though I needed nothing, I could not resist going to look.

I stumbled across the dress rack (as I often find myself doing) and found this dress that caught my attention. It's actually my size, pink, purple, and flowery. Cut just above the knee which works great for my height and is flowy and comfortable. Sounds perfect, right? It gets even more perfect...the tag listed the dress at $6.50 which means the grand total (after the additional 50% off) would be 3 dollars and some change. How can you beat that?



I took it into the dressing room to try it on. While I thought the dress style was "cute" I didn't fall totally in love with the dress. Something about it didn't sit well with me.

I'm not sure if it's because it reminds me of a dress I bought back in 7th grade (which, at the time, was pretty dang cute) or if it's because it reminded me of a dress I had seen ladies wear as they drop their babies off in the church nursery back in the day.

Either way I just wasn't sure, but felt like it was way too cheap NOT to purchase. So, purchased it I did. I took it home, and got it out of the bag hoping that my opinion of the dress would have drastically changed in the 13 minutes it took me to get from the mall to my house. This is what I saw when I looked in the mirror...



So you see, its a perfectly nice dress. It fits me well (actually it may be a snippit too big...but they don't carry anything smaller than an XS...), its bright and cheery, it was cheap, and it's a dress (one of my favorite things in the whole world). I keep looking at it, hoping to fall in love, but it has yet to happen.

To keep it or NOT to keep it....that is the question of the hour!

2 comments:

Sara said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sara said...

Honestly... I do this all the time! I'm plus-sized and always like... I'll never find this in my size anywhere else! I freak out, purchase it and bring it home and wear it once (because I force myself to, just to make myself feel better haha). However, I've also had moments where I do fall in love with the piece and can't stop wearing it! My mistakes have cost me a whole lot more than $3... so if that's the worse thing that happens for keeping it, hun... I would just keep it! :) But then again, I have a closet full of things I've only worn once or haven even put on... Wow, I am no help, sorry. Goodluck!