Wednesday, October 14, 2009

sugary goodness?!

This little one was celebrating her 7th birthday...and couldn't have been more excited...



She was on top of the world when her mom brought in this birthday treat to share...a beautiful, but incredibly large AND sugary cake...



I cut and served slices of cake (since I am not only a teacher, but a waitress) and everyone was quietly devouring their slice of birthday cake.



I really didn't hear much noise except for the chewing of the cake and the occasional dropped fork. I didn't hear anything until a mere 3 minutes after the cake was served. And then I started to hear kids saying the following...

"Oh...Ms. Ventura...I can't eat any more..."

"Ms. Ventura...this is too much cake..."

"I don't think I can eat any more sugar, Ms. Ventura..."

"Can I throw this away now, I'm done..."

Half the plates looked like this when the kids surrendered their sugary treat...



I don't know that this has ever happened in the history of my time working with kids...turning away sugary goodness?!

No comments: