Wednesday, December 09, 2009

snowPANTS without pantPANTS?

I realize that I have neglected my blog for quite some time...but what happened this morning was well worth signing in to share this little post...

Today was the first day that kids really needed to wear snowpants to school. As they were all trudging into the room with boots, and snowpants, I had to do my "snowpant and boot" speech about how to hang them up and put them away neatly in lockers.

One little boy was standing by his locker...he would start to unbuckle his snowpants...then stop and think, and rebuckle...then start unbuckling again, and then stop, and rebuckle. I couldn't figure out what he was doing, and being that we don't have time in our day to make a musical instrument out of our snowpants, I quickly went over to him and request that he "kick it into high gear" and get his snowpants off.

"But Ms. Ventura...I can't..."

"Why not?"

"Because my Grandma forgot to give me pants..."

"Oh, you don't need a second pair of pants at school...just wear the ones that are under your snowpants..."

"No, I don't have ANY pants on, under my snowpants..."

"Wait, you mean, you aren't wearing PANTS?!?!"

"Yeah, Ms. Ventura...no pants!"

"Oh my! Well, you need to go to the nurse and get a spare pair of pants to wear today..."

So, off to the nurse goes little Randy to get a pair of pants. He comes back to class looking like this:



I almost started busting out laughing. What a sight to see. Not only did this little one forget PANTS (I have yet to figure how you can forget pants...shirt, socks, underwear...SNOWPANTS?!) but apparently there were no extra pants in the nurse's office, so he had to wear shorts with boots. HA! To top it off, when I asked him if I could take his picture, he posed like this without any prompting on my part!

I've seen these kids do a lot of funny things...but I think this is one of the funnier ones yet!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is useful to try everything in practice anyway and I like that here it's always possible to find something new. :)